The marketing landscape for businesses small and large have changed. Content marketing, social media and email marketing are some of the new channels that have become more effective than traditional marketing. Small businesses that embrace this trend will be able to remain competitive and even outperform their competition if they do things right. And, here is a little help through some articles we have selected this week.
- 11 Free Ways to Track your Competitors – Practical Ecommerce
Competition is good for business. It drives innovation and helps you improve your products, services and business practices. And to be able to compete, you need to know what is going on in your market.
- If You’re a Startup, Keep These Few Things About Social Media in Mind – Small Business Trends
There is one thing I don’t agree in this article. You don’t have to be on every social media platform. Choose the ones where your target audience is and which provides a better ROI.
- What is Content Marketing? – Content Marketing Institute
Businesses are adopting content marketing as traditional marketing loses its effectiveness. Here is a great introduction about what Content marketing is.
- Do Social Media Tweets and Status Updates Do Anything for My Business? – KISSmetrics
The video in this article offers simple tips to improve your social media profiles and make them work better for you.
- What is My Email Marketing Missing? Getting Back to Basics – Business 2 Community
We all already know that email marketing is a very effective marketing tool. However, you have to get the basics right to develop an effective email marketing strategy.
Any comments? Let us know what you think.